Thursday, 2 February 2012

Confession time!

Okay, it's confession time......I've been a total idiot. I was so, so pleased with myself, thinking that I'd used the sketch over at Less is More in my Colour Create DT card. There I am, patting myself on the back 'cos I do love entering Chrissie & Mandi's challenge and it has been oh so long since I last made the effort.

Oh yeah! Real clever of me.......I didn't use the sketch properly! The sentiment is in the wrong place and I've committed the crime of turning the sketch by 90% too. Grrrr! Must read instructions properly in the future ;o) Ah well, the best laid plans and all that!

So, here's my Colour Create card. Our wonderful monochrome colours of White or Cream and Light Brown and Dark Brown have been picked by the fabulous Shanna this time. She's also give us the optional extra of hearts.



Items used:
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs
Stamps: all of these are over 6 months old. The wooden one is positively ancient!! Basic Grey Love Blush (swirly hearts). Waltzing Mouse Text-it (Heat embossed on the vellum). Sentiment - and unmarked wood one (sorry)
Punches & Dies: Martha Stewart Lace Heart punch. Sizzix Sizzlets 'Flower Layers Set'
Diamonte floral centre is something I picked up at a craft show from the Hobby House



I'd like to enter this into:
Crafty Sentiments - Punches and/or dies
Cooking it up with Katie - Punch, Emboss, Heart
Oldie but a goodie - Hearts
The House that Stamps Built - Embossing
Whimsical Designs - Bringing out the old

I hope that you'll join in with use at Colour Create this time.The girls have made some super projects - take a look here.


Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty, elegant card. I love the border punch. Thank you for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Chrissie said...

It's a gorgeous card Sharon... even if you did swish the panel round.
How about another coffee one of these days, it would be great to catch up?
Chrissie x

debby4000 said...

It's still gorgeous Sharon, shows how well the sketch will work both ways.
luv
Debby

GiGi said...

This is beautiful! I love the blinged 3D flower and torn paper! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Crystal said...

SO SO SO Beautiful Sharon!!!

catherine said...

I think this is such an elegant and stylish card. Love the colours
x catherine

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card, really elegant!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie this challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx

Cheri said...

Gorgeous, CAS card! I love every detail about this card. Thank you for playing along with Repeat Impressoions Designer's Choice challenge.

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card Sharon!

A big thank you for sharing with us this week over at crafty sentiments, Punches &/or dies challenge this week!

Good luck!

Jo xxx

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! I love that it's primarily white with that beautiful burst of browns! Lovely dimensional flower and I absolutely love your choice of border trims. :o) Fantastic work! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Hugs and blessings!

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card - very elegant.

shelly said...

i love your card and the color combo. you created a lovely b/g paper with your stamps. thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays

Julie said...

Hi Sharon, your card is gorgeous - so elegant and I like that you put your own stamp on the sketch as it were!! Hugs, Juliexx

sara said...

beautiful card very elegant thanks so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
hugs sara x

NanaConnie said...

Lovely card, Sharon! Thanks so much for playing along at Cooking It Up with Katie this time. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see your wonderful work aqain next challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Oooh, so pretty! Saw this on color create blog and just had to come here to tell you your card is GORGEOUS!! TFS!

Mynnette said...

I think this is gorgeous!!! LOVE the panel of browns--fabulous! :)

Slideshow