Tuesday, 6 March 2012

A Cream Hat Trick

Hee Hee! I'm combining 3 recent LIM challenges in this card: Neutrals, Scraps, Die Cuts. That's a Hat trick, isn't it? (not good on sporting terms!)

Think I was on a roll again at the weekend. I was churning out the cards like there was no tomorrow and there are a few that I actually like. Today's card is one of those.

It must have been all the wonderful creations that I'd seen earlier in the week that inspired me because I ended up with a selection of CAS, Brayered and Distressed cards on Sunday evening. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration.

Hope the photos are okay - we had a snow shower just as I went to snap these!



This card is a variation on the 'white on white' cards; I just went for 'cream on cream' for a change. In part this is because I was sorting out neutral scraps (thanks to the LIM challenge) and the cream ones really caught my eye.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Less Is More - Neutrals
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Mother's Day
Lollipop Crafts - Clean and Simple
Love to Create - Monochromatic


Items used:
Shiny Cream Card - from my scrap bag (think it was Papermania)

Plain cream card - from The PaperMill
Dies: Memory Box "Prim Poppy", Cuttlebug Alphabet "Curls and Swirls"
Embossing Folder: Craft Concepts "Diamond Shadows" (a £1 bargain at the craft show - brilliant!)
Cream Satin Ribbon.

Right, that's my Mum's card sorted for this year. I'll have to dip out of any more Mother's day challenges (unless I get some orders).

Thanks again for all the marvellous comments. It warms the cockles of your heart!

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xxx

23 comments:

Chrissie said...

There's something about seeing a card made with components which have been made when you were with the creator at the purchasing stage...this is AWESOME Sharon.
That poppy die is a real winner and your embossing looks fab peeking underneath the flowers.
Superb job!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Diane said...

I'm not good at sporting terms either but I think you've hit the bullseye with this one, it's perfect!
Diane

catherine said...

Love the colours on your card Sharon and it looks so stylish and elegant
x catherine

Mandi said...

FAbulous card Sharon
i have ordered this die I love it

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

debby4000 said...

Oh how I wish I now brought those dies your card is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Deborah Frings said...

This is really lovely - such an elegant card. Love the poppies.

Michelle said...

Oh I think any mother would like this elegant card.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

Loli said...

Very elegant CAS card, beautiful!
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow, another gorgeous card Sharon ! Love those die cuts in what appears silver with the pale blue embossed paper behind. Love it ! Less is more can be oh so elegant ! Cheers, Shirley

Crafty and Green said...

Such a beautifully simple Card! I love this! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Sasha said...

Very pretty card. Your poppies look gorgeous in pearl card:)

Victoria said...

this is beautiful Sharon, I love the raised decoration. Brr to snow, it was icy here this morning but turned into a lovely sunny day.
Love
Victoria
x

Vee Ramsden said...

What a stunning card, looks so simple but very elegant! :)
Vee
xx

Chrissy said...

Love the colours Sharon, very elegant card, gorgeous,

Luv CHRISSYxx

Claudias Karteria said...

Dear Sharon, this is a stunning card! Love it very much and it is good you remind me already for the mothersday :-)
Claudia

Pia S said...

Elegant and very pleasant to look at. Love it!

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card Sharon, the poppy die is beautiful and I love the colour.
Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations

Hugs Julie x

Viv said...

Super card, just love the design and the colour you used :) Viv xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sharon
Fabulous card...... Love it ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Valerie said...

This is stunning Sharon. Your Poppies look as if they are made of metal and a beautifully tied bow!
Val x

Mina said...

oh wow Sharon this is so elegantly beautiful...stunning cas layout too...thanks for your congratulations it meant so much to me
Mina xxx

Susan Flynn said...

Oooh I do love your poppy die - that must be a new one!! Love your card it is so elegant, beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's this week hugs Susan x

scrap joanny said...

simple but elegant !!! great card -thank so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Slideshow