Thursday, 1 March 2012

Daisy Fields

Hello folks!
Well, I'm back with card Nos 3, 4 and 5 this week - all in this post and all are DT items too!

I think I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things. I even have another card ready but no photo yet, so I'm hoping to snap a picture of it for a post tomorrow.



Firstly I'd like to identify the challenges I'm entering these cards into:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes (Top card)
Tuesday Throwdown - Paper Tearing - (Middle card)
Stamp n doodle - embossing of any kind (music has heat embossing on middle card)
Less is more - Don't scrap it (Bottom Card - scrap yellow/orange paper)
Clear it out Challenge - Birthday card using up bling (bottom card)

I make that 3 cards, entry into 5 challenges (and my DT items for another)

Well, our amazing Mina has pulled a real corker this week! What a fantastic colour combination she's picked for the Colour Create Challenge:
Yellow, Grey and White or Cream with an optionl extra of flowers.
Mmmmm. Beautiful!


I did go a bit mad with this combo didn't I? All 3 of these cards uses a different balance of the colours, and all 3 are based around a single stamp. I love the way the stamp looks so different in each one.

The top card is brayered, the middle has the full image stamped singly and the bottom is different sections of the image.

This bottom card was a real find. When sorting through my scrap I came across several background papers that I'd created with my distress inks - and for some reason I'd just thown them in the scrap pile! Go figure! The yellow/orange paper on this one is one of those scraps.


Thanks for all the comments on my LIM entry earlier this week. I have returned the favour. As this post goes live while I'm getting ready for work I'll be back to comment later tonight.

Items used:
Adirondack Inks: Butterscotch, Pitch Black
Distress Inks: Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
Stamps: Penny Black- Daisy Filds
Some clarity stamps bull rushes and grasses stamps on the top card.
A peg stamp and Waltzing mouse musical backgrounds stamp on the middle one
A crackle stamp and
Waltzing Mouse Say it loud sentiment stamps on the bottom one.
Glamour Dust
Martha Stewart corner punch
Bling gems
Dagonfly embellishment
Grey & Yellow Ribbon


Please take a look at the wonderful items the Colour Create DT have created; it's well worth the trip.

Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

Shannon White said...

Goodness these are all Fabulous! Love the colors and the fabulous versatility of your main image! Just Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

GinaA said...

Love your set of cards, the last one is my favorite, great detail with the threaded ribbon.

Wendy said...

You have been busy ,Pretty cards all of them
Thank you for for your second entry at Stamp N Doodle Challenges.
Wendy

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

All three cards are beautiful ! I like your style ! Awesome !

Chrissie said...

They are all fabbi Sharon!
Wonderful inking!
Thanks once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

nessy said...

wow sharon what stunning cards ~love them!
vanessa xx

Sharon said...

These are all beautiful Sharon, love the techniques you've used.

Sharon x

Mandi said...

Theya re all fabulous Sharon, love our one, Gorgeosu stamps
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Laura said...

I have fallen in love with the top card with the dragonfly - it is just gorgeous!

Julie said...

Beautiful work, Sharon - love this style and wow to your stunning designs! Hugs, Juliexx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous cards! They are all wonderful!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Slideshow