Sunday, 4 March 2012

Inspired by Shirley

And now for something a little different.

Whilst hopping around the blogs leaving comments last week, I came across this lovely card with butterflies by Shirley (Paper Creations by Shirley), and it really inspired me to get my distress inks out and have play with them. It seems such a long time since I made a card in this style and it was great fun. Thanks Shirley.

I thought it was time to ring the changes because I've made a few CAS cards recently, so I'm peppering the blog up with something a little different.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Rogue Redhead Designs - Use a stamped background
Phindy's Place - Distressing
Make it Colourful - Autumn Colours (the inspiration pictures are gorgeous and I think I captured the main colours)
Fun with Shapes and More - Self-made Paper
Crafty Catz - Punches and Dies

Items Used:
Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade
Distress Stain: Picket Fence
Momento Ink
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse 'Text It', Clear stamp flourishes, Impression Obsession Clear stamps 'Flourishes', and a Crackle background (sorry I don't know the make as I bought it second hand)
Dies: Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Garland and the branch bits from Autumn Gatherings
Perfect Pearls mister - Bronze
Gold Liquid Pearls
Green square brads, Raffia and Ribbon from my stash

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'm off to rescue (or probably re-make) a project that went wrong in the overnight drying process.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

10 comments:

carol said...

wonderful card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ, x Carol

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

WOW !!!! Sharon, what a STUNNING card ! I love it so much it makes my heart sing ! The colours, design and the twisted ribbon along with those gorgeous flowers all make it so wonderful ! OK now you have inspired me to get the Distress Inks back out ! Thanks for mentioning me, you are so kind. Enjoy the rest of the day ! Shirley

Clarky J said...

beautiful card xx

Shar said...

Absolutely sensational card! Love your stamped background! Thanks for playing the Stamped Background Rebel Challenge at RRD!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Sharon,So wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

oh this is just brilliant Hun,love the detail on this hun,amazing hugs Cherylxxxx

Rufus said...

The colors and patterns in this are marvelous! Love the way you've twined the ribbon with raffia!
R/

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Sharon this is stunning, wonderful flowers.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

oh wow sharon this is just amazing ~love it!!
vanessa xx

Kathy said...

Sharon, this is stunning! Love the inked background and all the layered distressed flowers. Such a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

Slideshow