Monday, 12 March 2012

Misty Floral Script - Lim 58

A one layer card with script on it; that is the challenge over at the Less is More challenge this week. Couldn't resist having a go at this one and the result surprised me because I set out to do something manly in red and black. How on earth I ended up with a soft and misty floral card is beyond me. I suppose sometimes you just have to 'go with the creative flow', eh?

This may look simple and really quick to make, but there were a couple of bits of masking necessary to achieve this look. The stamping was a little difficult as I have a poorly hand at the moment, and I had to sponge rather than distress with the lilac ink. But I like the misty effect this created. Not too sure about the symmetrical layout (doesn't seem exciting enough), but Hey Ho! that's the way it turned out.




Items used:
Stamps: Script is from Waltzing Mouse, Sentiment from Papertrey Ink, Flower was a challenge prize (sorry don't know the make)
Inks: Versa Color - 19 Cyan, 36 Heliotrope, 17 Violet
Watercolour pencils: Derwent - 30 Smalt Blue, 38 Kingfisher Blue, 1 Zinc Yellow, 2 Lemon Cadmium, 5 Deep Cadmium, 17 Pink Madder Lake

Huge thanks again for the comments on the cards I made for the last LIM challenge. When I visited your blogs to return the favour it was lovely to see all the gorgeous makes you all made.

Thanks for looking
Sharon xx .

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

No-one would ever suspect that you are somewhat hors de combat at the moment Sharon... this is gorgeous and so delicate looking.
I hope you'll be all mended really soon.
Thanks so much
Chrissie x
"Less is More"

Cheryl said...

oh Hun this is so beautiful really is one beautiful CAS card hun,great colours too,hope your hand gets better soon Hun take care hugs Cherylxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Awww this is so beautiful Sharon.
luv
Debby

Scrapmate said...

Beautiful card, the shading is fabulous and very atmospheric.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What a beautiful & elegant card Sharon ! I love colours with the inking and the flower with the script behind is so effective. I have a stamp that is similiar, but don't think I could achieve the same effect even with hands that are working ! I love the LIM cards, will have to give it a try one of these weeks !

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mandi said...

It's terrific Sharon, love that flower
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sharon, wow, this is so beautiful, it is so soft and serene, awesome card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Love the delicate look.

Karen said...

Very beautiful, very serence and floaty hugs Karen

Ela G said...

This is soo pretty. Love the soft colours.
Hugs
Ela

Slideshow