Saturday, 3 March 2012

Shades of Black

...Penny Black that is. Couldn't resist having a play along with the Less is more challenge again this week. Today it's all about neutral colours and that gave me the chance to have a little play with some Penny Black stamps that I picked up recently.

And I'm still being good ladies - I'm using the last LIM challenge theme and picking bits out of my scrap bags to continue chipping away so that I can get them down to a manageable size. I made the topper out of scraps. I blinged the flowers on the topper with a little glamour dust but it isn't showing too well. I don't normally use cream and black, but I do like the way they complement each other.

Items used:
Penny Black transparent stamps: Allegro
Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis squares
Momento Black ink
Dragonfly punch
Tiny bit of vellum for the dragonfly
Papermania Heart gems
Crystal Glamour Dust

A HUGE thank you to everyone that commented on my LIM makes last week. I think you've all helped me to pick up the craft tools again in earnest! I am deeply grateful for all your support.

Okay, I'm off to take a peek at the LIM entries this week and leave a bit of love.

Thanks so much for looking,
Sharon xx

31 comments:

sarah's little snippets said...

Sharon, it's just beautiful, a very elegant card. Love the sentiment! Sarah x

Jan said...

What a fab card xx Jan

Anita said...

Very pretty card!
Anita

Rosie said...

A lovely card, Sharon

Mandi said...

Beautiful; card Sharon, perfectly stamped
Glad you are still using up those precious scraps
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is more"

Kathyk said...

I have this fab set too - what a lovely card you've made with it

Kathyk

Flutterby Creations said...

Love the fact youve used the image twice - really beautiful x

Loli said...

Hola Sharon, thank you for your comment, i'm glad to see you in my blog:D
OOOh Sharon what beautiful and elegant card, fantastic work!
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

dutchstamptramp said...

Wow what a classy card! Love it very much

Pat R said...

Simply Lovely!

Pat R said...

Simply Lovely

Pat R said...

Simply Lovely!

Zoë said...

Very elegant and pretty. Zx Thanks for visiting me.

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous Sharon
Margaret x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Gorgeous, Sharon! I love the way you stamped off the flowers and edged the frame.

Beryl K said...

Lovely card
Beryl x

MagsB said...

Oh how chic and elegant! I love this!

love Mags B x

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, I haven't tried any of my new PB stamps yet, I shall have to dig them out!
Keep on using those scraps!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

A very beautiful and elegant card, Sharon!! Love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the greys with the cream Sharon and that sentiment is too true! Vicky x

Joann said...

Wow. Simple and understated but with a big bang. This is fantastic

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card and again very elegant, Love it ! Cheers, Shirley

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card and again very elegant, Love it ! Cheers, Shirley

Anne said...

Sharon this is just so elegant, love it! Great to meet you, hope we meet up again at another craft show :). No I didn't blog what I bought, but you'll see me using it over the weeks
Anne
x

GinaA said...

Very nice flower image, love the way you have stamped it to get the fading effect. Your dragonfly is a lovely touch.

Elaine said...

Lovely card - love the framed section!

Linby said...

This is just beautiful. Love the frame. Linbyx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Aileen said...

A lovely card Sharon. I like your flowers echoing the topper along the bottom. very elegant. x

Annette said...

Sharon, I love this elegant card.

Jo Street said...

Really pretty card Sharon.
Jo x

Slideshow