Thursday, 15 March 2012

Something Ripped or Torn

I've managed to stay vertical for a whole week. Woo Hoo! That might not mean much to you, but it's a big deal for me. Okay, I admit it, I haven't walked very far at all but who could blame me after getting 2 broken noses in a month and a few hurts elsewhere (hand/knees).

Erm, ... I said that wrong, didn't I? ....

I meant after falling and breaking my nose twice, in a month. If I'm not careful, the council will sue me for damage to their pavements!!!

Anyway, enough of my mishaps because that's NOT what the 'ripped or torn' in the post title is about. Let's get onto the 2 different cards that I have to show today.

It's Colour Create Challenge day and these are my DT makes. The challenge colours are:

PINK, BLUE, SAGE and CREAM or WHITE

The optional extra is:

SOMETHING RIPPED OR TORN



I kept things simple again with pretty classic layouts. I was really pleased with how this first card turned out. Yep - still using up those scrap supplies; can you tell?

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Lollipop Crafts - White with a splash of colour
Creative Belli Blog - Clean and Simple
Papertake Weekly - One for the girls
Quirk Crafts - Circles, Flowers, Gems or Pearls for a special lady (Circles in the swiss dots, & the gem bling centre)

Here's a front view of the card



Items used:
Co'ordinations Colour Core Card Stock - Distress Collection (scraps from)
Vellum embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder
Distress Ink: Weathered Wood
Dies: Memory Box- Amira Flourish, Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Garland, TH On the edge - Ornate and TH Autumn Gatherings
Bling (yes, I did straighten the wonky gem) :-)
Stamp: Docrafts, Whispers Words

***************************

Okay, here's my second card.

I made this when I was still feeling sorry for myself after the last bad fall. That must have swayed the sentiment that I used,eh?

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Sweet Stamps - Think Spring
Let's Ink It Up - Show us your flowers
Allsorts - Say it with flowers

Items used:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps Nigela Damascena
Distress Inks: Broken China and Bundled Sage
Stickles. Organza ribbon, Scraps of card stock and an unmarked rubber stamp.


I hope you'll find time to join in the colour create challenge. There's a top-notch prize to be won and the DT have created some beautiful items with the colours.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh Sharon these are just so classy really elegant layouts and super elements,hugs Cherylxx

brenda said...

Wow Sharon, what fab cards.

The first is so elegant and the colours really lend themselves to the clean crisp lines. The second is equally elegant with with a clever distressed feel all combines into it.

Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week.

B x



B x

Caro said...

Ooo, I love both of these, but my favourite is the first one. So elegant. Thank you so much for joining in my Recipe challenge on Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

tampatha said...

wow! these are really gorgeous! Very simple and elegant. thanks for joining our white and a splash challenge at Lollipop crafts this week and good luck.
Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sharon these are so beautiful the designs are truly wonderful, awesome work.
hugs
lorraine x

SuzanneK said...

Very elegant, fantastic stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

Leanne said...

Two very pretty cards!
Thank you for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week!
;)

Susan Hogan said...

Great cards -both, but the last one has a delicacy about it. Hope you do get well soon and perhaps - mix a bit of water with the alcohol next time? (LOL) Vertigo is not nice either, so take care. Thanks for joining us in the fun at LIIU this month.

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

The simplicity of both cards is just beautiful and elegant. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

Stacey Richardson, SweetStamps.com said...

Both your cards are gorgeous, I love your color combos! Thanks for joining the SweetStamps.com Think Spring challenge and good luck!

Julie said...

Two fabulous cards, Sharon - particularly like the 2nd, such a gorgeous design! Hope you're ok - keep taking the medicine I prescribed! Hugs, Juliexxx

StephC said...

gorgeous cards! so glad you joined us at the creative belli challenge!

scrap joanny said...

wow so elegant card and perfect for us chalenge - thank so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs joanna

Jill said...

2 beautiful cards Sharon so pretty thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Paige said...

Both cards are so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sharon, sorry to hear that you have fallen? I hope you have a speedy recovery. I've been away and missed this post. Your cards are gorgeous and as always very elegant. The colors work so well together with your wonderful designs. Love them ! Take care, Shirley

Spyder said...

Lovely cards Sharon! Love the first one. Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Challenge. Join us on Sunday for the new Challenge! (my Turn to set the theme!)
(Lyn)

Slideshow