Thursday, 12 April 2012

Here Comes The Summer!

I'm loving the Colour Create Colours this week; they remind me of those balmy summer days at the beach. Well,  I suppose the amazing inspiration picture that our fabulous Sharon L picked helps with that image too. Roll on summer!
The colour choice she's given us this week is:
Yellow, Blue and White with the optional extra of Shells.

I got down and dirty with the inks this week. It was great fun. 

This is the first card I made.  It looks really simple but it took ages to make.  I applied the ink direct to the card blank, using masking tape to create the bands. Each band has a couple of shades of ink applied and I also used sequin waste, stamps and a Tim Holtz compass mask to create the texture and interest. When I was happy with the ink I coated each band with clear ink and heat embossed them with clear powder (a quick way of adding a glossy finish).  I stamped the shells a couple of times and added some dimension by layering them.
I'm entering this top one into the following challenges:
Paper and Such Challenge - Clean and Simple
Crazy 4 Challenges - Blue, White and 1 other colour

In this second one I created the yellow background by ink blending, stamping and masking but I didn't add the glossy coat.  The image is a real sweetie and I love using her. I coloured her with distress inks and added some stickles to the 'sand' so that it sparkles.

And I even made an insert to match the background I created on the front. It's been ages since I did an insert as I've been stamping direct onto the inside of the card for ages.  I like the way the insert gives a more luxurious feel to the finished item.

There She Goes - Ribbon Time
Let's Ink It Up - Distressing

Items Used:
Stamps:  Stamps Happen Inc - Collecting Sea Shells, Rubber Stampede - Seashells, Kaisercraft Clear Stamp - Grunge, Papertrey Ink Sentiment
Tim Holtz Mask- Compass
Sequin Waste, String, Satin Ribbon, Versamark clear ink, clear embossing powder, stickles, 3mm gold metallic pearls
The Colour Create Challenge is sponsored by

gif maker
and we have a fab £10 gift certificate as the prize for this week.
I hope you can join us and please take a look at the wonderful items the design team have made.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

22 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous cards Sharon
luv
Debby

Susan Hogan said...

I love that you have stamped and embossed and stamped. I love both the cards but my favourite has the be the first, despite the fact that the image on the second one is so cute! Thanks for joining us a LIIU this month for our Distressing Challenge!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chrissie said...

These are fabulous Sharon, I particularly like the shell one although your colouring on the other one is stunning!
We've missed you lately on LIM!
I hope you are well.
Chrissie x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful creations - great summer feeling. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Cheryl said...

oh Hun these are so beautiful,the colouring hun is just stunning,really beautifully detailed,bless you to Hun for the lovely comments you left on my blog,so kind,and so much appreciated,hugs Cherylxxxx

Liven said...

Such gorgeous cards! I liked them very much. Have a nice day!

Teresa Kline said...

these are adorable...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous cards Sharon ! I especially love the first one with the techniques, but they are both wonderful. The colors are so rich. Cheers, Shirley x

marion said...

Stunning colouring, lovely made card, love the wonderfull summer colours of your card. Thanks so much for sharing it at LIIU and good luck. HUgs, Marion

SuzanneK said...

Beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, this month. Hugz Suzanne

Stephanie said...

Your first card is just GORGEOUS!!! Well worth the time you put in for it. Thanks so much for sharing that beautiful creation with Paper and Such for our challenge this week. Love it!

Maria said...

These are beautiful, and the colours are great together. I love how you've done the first one with the masking tape, and the image on the second is so adorable. Thanks for joining in with our Distressing challenge over at LIIU and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

Sue C said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Mrs.B said...

Great card, love the inked and stamped bands, a great technique, and the addition of the shells makes it perfect for our Nautical challenge.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril

Tracy Heaton said...

Stunning cards!
Thanks for joining us at LIIU.
Tracy x

Julie said...

Two fabulous cards, Sharon - love all your inked layers, the second card is especially gorgeous, i love the image! Hugs, Juliexx

GinaA said...

Hi Sharon, just popped over from Glenda's MCC class to have a look at your blog. Your colouring is amazing. Not sure how I missed your entry on LIM I just love Chrissie & Mandi's challenges.

Holly Young said...

STUNNINGLY gorgeous! amazing coloring!

Thanks for playing with us this week at PTT!

Holly PTT DT

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning. Awesome coloring work. Neat tecnique used on the first card. Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

Kristina said...

I love the masks you made to create this, the end result is lovely.

Kristina
Visiting from Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Nautical
Please stop by and say hello! :-)
www.pearlgateway.com

Sharon said...

WOW Sharon your inking work looks amazing as always. You've done an amazing job with the colours :)

Sharon x

Slideshow